[Basketball] appeals to the Hebrew with his Oriental background," he wrote, according to Arieh Sclar, the author of A Sport At Which Jews Excel. Gallico added that it sat well with the "temperament of the Jews" because it "places a premium on an alert, scheming mind, flashy trickiness, artful dodging, and general smart alecness. — How Stereotypes Explain Everything And Nothing At All : Code Switch : NPR
Lookit Me, I’m in Saaaaan Fraaaaancisco!
Well, I was only in SF for two nights, one day as it was a really specific business trip jaunt, but I think I did a pretty good job getting the gist of the city.
- I had a pretentious coffee
- I saw a poop on the sidewalk
- I overheard doofuses in suits discussing equity/begging for power outlets
- I saw a disabled gentleman have a screaming match with a no-nonsense middle-aged Asian lady
- I deployed code to production from a coffee shop because WiFi (monstrous, I know, but people were depending on me and I at least bought a bagel)
- I had a meeting in a room with a glass window wall
- I overate Mexican food
Certainly too short and too much work to be a vacation, but I’ll take it.